Insulfoam’s Continuous Insulated Panel
Green, Energy efficient retrofit for existing buildings. Government cash and tax incentives available!
Reduce costs. Increase comfort.
Insulating a building’s envelope with Insulfoam’s ci Panel is one of the most economical ways to combine
continuous insulation (ci) and nail base sheathing. Decrease a building’s energy use and increase indoor
comfort with one easy to install exterior panel product.
The Basics of Insulfoam’s ci Panel
- Install over stick framing in Type V construction
- Ideal for new construction and retrofit applications
- Meets building codes & energy standards for an all-in-one solution for continuous insulation (rigid foam EPS), and nail base (OSB or Ply) for cladding attachment
Insulfoam’s ci Panel Features & Benefits:
- Economical insulation and structural nail base in one product
- Solid continuous insulation reduces thermal bridging to add required energy efficiency to projects
- Meets today’s 2009 IECC energy standards: R-Value of 7.8* for 2” panel
- EPS insulation R-Values remains stable for life
- OSB or Ply laminated to the foam installs faster to save labor in the field, while providing a suitable substrate for cladding attachment
- Add structural shear capacity (ultimate value based on AC-130 testing)
- No additional tools required: ci panel installs with a standard nail gun (using min. 3” nails)
- Hang siding and house-wrap/weather barriers directly on standard 4’ x 8’ panels
- Multiple substrates available (plywood, gypsum, T-111, etc.)
- Qualifies for Energy Star, LEED, environmental certification programs and tax incentives
* R-Value based on ASTM C1363 comparative tests